Becoming a Volunteer/ Application Process
We have more than 30 areas and programs where volunteers give their time, guidance and input. The three simple steps involved in becoming a Medical City Dallas volunteer are:
Complete and submit an application
Download the appropriate application forms and complete
- Fax to 972-566-6489
- In person with Volunteer Services located in the Visitors Center at Medical City Dallas
- Mail the application
Medical City Dallas
Volunteer Services Dept.
7777 Forest Lane, Building A, Suite A-070
Dallas, Texas 75230
Telephone Screening/Peer Interview
After your application has been reviewed, a volunteer leader will call you to conduct a brief telephone screening/ peer interview.
If approved, an appointment will be scheduled to complete next steps in the application process
- Complete initial paperwork and Hospital Orientation for Volunteers Authorization Forms
- For adults and students (ages 18 and above), complete a background check
- Health screening/ TB test
- Review of current vaccinations (Tdap, MMR, Varicella, Seasonal Flu)
*Completion of these steps does not guarantee acceptance as a volunteer.
Annual Requirements (during the month of March)
- Complete Annual Common Review
- Annual Health Screening
- PPD (TB Test)
- Current vaccinations (Tdap, MMR, Varicella, Seasonal Flu)
- Review/Sign Annual Confidentiality and Security Agreement
- Complete Emergency Contact form
- Complete Annual Volunteer Training Competency
- Complete any additional required education or training for volunteers
Shifts are Mon - Fri: 9:00am – 1:00pm and 1:00pm – 5:00pm and may vary depending on assignment.
- Student Volunteers (High School and College)
- Scheduled one semester at a time (Spring, Summer, Fall/Winter).
- MUST commit to a minimum of one 4-hour shift per week, every week for the entire semester.
- Only one absence per semester is allowed.
- Adult Volunteers
- Scheduled one calendar year at a time.
- MUST commit to one 4-hour shift per week, every week.
- Consistent attendance is required.