About Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute
As part of Sarah Cannon, the Cancer Institute of HCA Healthcare, our family of hospitals provides comprehensive cancer services with convenient access to cutting-edge therapies for people facing cancer in our communities. From diagnosis to treatment and survivorship care, our oncology expertise ensures you have access to locally trusted care with the support of a globally recognized network.
Have cancer questions? We can help. askSARAH is a dedicated helpline for your cancer-related questions. Our specially trained nurses are available 24/7, and calls are confidential. Contact askSARAH at (972) 202-8877 or chat online at askSARAHnow.com.
Cancer care in Arlington, Texas
At Medical City Arlington, we provide comprehensive evaluations to detect cancer as soon as possible. Following a diagnosis, we'll work with you to develop a treatment plan tailored to your test results and medical history.
For more information about our cancer care services, call askSARAH at (972) 202-8877.
Our cancer services include:
- Compassionate care provided by certified oncology nurses
- A dedicated cancer coordinator to help facilitate your cancer care
- A multidisciplinary cancer committee made up of surgeons, pathologists, radiologists, nurses and oncologists who meet weekly to review and plan cancer treatments
- Diagnostic, therapeutic and surgical interventions
- Smoking cessation education
Types of cancer treated at Medical City Arlington
Our patients have access to treatments for many types of cancer, including:
- Breast cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Gastrointestinal cancer
- Gynecologic cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Liver cancer
- Lung cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Prostate cancer
Following a diagnosis, we'll develop a treatment plan based on the type and stage of cancer, possible side effects, your preferences and your overall health. We'll explain all treatment options available through our oncology services, including:
- Surgical treatments
- Nonsurgical treatments, such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy
- Additional care focuses on recovery, including cancer rehabilitation
Our Lung Program
Although patients receive care for a variety of cancers at Medical City Arlington, our hospital is specially equipped to diagnose and treat lung cancer. The Lung Program at Medical City Arlington is dedicated to the treatment of lung cancer, serving as a one-stop, multidisciplinary, personalized treatment program for patients with lung cancer and complex lung diseases.
Oncologists treat a wide variety of chest, lung and throat diseases through our specialized cancer care programs, and they offer individualized, tailored treatment for each patient. The Lung Program processes abnormal computed tomography (CT) scans and minimizes diagnosis time, offering early detection and treatment options that may not otherwise be available.
If you're at risk of lung cancer, call (855) 868-6262 to schedule a screening with our Lung Program.
Multidisciplinary oncology team
The Lung Program features a multidisciplinary clinical team of experienced professionals from varied backgrounds, including:
- Medical oncologists and radiation oncologists, who are experienced in caring for patients with lung cancer
- Thoracic surgeons and radiologists, who are experienced in minimally invasive techniques and committed to annual reporting on surgical outcomes
- Pulmonologists, who specialize in interventional/therapeutic procedures for cancer and can remove selective benign tumors through nonsurgical endoscopy procedures
- Nurses and support staff, who will help with the coordination of your healthcare from the moment you first contact us
- Pathologists, who evaluate patient images and specimens obtained in screening and treatments to determine the causes and effects of cancer
Visiting our oncology department
Medical City Arlington is located at the corner of Matlock Road and West Mayfield Road. The oncology department is located on the third floor of the Patient Tower on our main hospital campus at:
3301 Matlock Rd.
Arlington, TX 76015
Enter the hospital through the main lobby and use the Patient Tower elevators at the back of the hospital.
Checking in for your appointment
Information desks are available in the Main Lobby and in the Family Waiting Area, which you'll pass on the way to the Patient Tower elevators. You can go to the Main Lobby desk to check in and ask any questions you have about your appointment.
Parking at Medical City Arlington
Parking is free for patients who park in the main parking area. Valet service is available at the main entrance. A new seven-story parking structure is under construction now and will be open to the public in spring 2020.
Oncology at Medical City Healthcare
Oncology refers to the diagnosis and treatment of cancer. Oncology treatments may include chemotherapy, radiation, medication or surgery. Oncologists can specialize in one of three fields of oncology: medical, radiation or surgery.Learn about Oncology