At Medical City Arlington, our Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is committed to providing advanced care to infants who are born premature or critically ill. We offer access to a specialized NICU team, including neonatologists and neonatal nurses, to restore the health of your child.
Our goal is to provide compassionate, comprehensive treatment to all infants in Arlington.
Find a physician or call (844) 671-4204.
When your baby needs advanced care, it’s important to know our NICU is here to help.
If your baby is born prematurely or is experiencing complications, they will be placed in our NICU for specialized medical attention and treatment. Once admitted, your baby will be transferred to an incubator or warming bed. Their care will be monitored by neonatologists and a specialized pediatrician.
Advanced neonatal care
The NICU is staffed 24 hours a day by neonatal specialists—all of whom are prepared to care for medically fragile infants.
The environment is carefully managed to ensure the highest outcomes for newborns. Parents are offered as much privacy and comfort as possible to support them during this critical time in their child's life.
Features of the NICU at Medical City Arlington include:
- 36 beds
- 15 private NICU rooms for families
- Two overnight rooms for family bonding or training
- Private family lounge and secluded work spaces
- Secure, 24/7 live-streaming web camera service
- 24/7 neonatology coverage
- State-of-the-art neonatal equipment
Neonatal care team
We provide parents with 24-hour access to the neonatal unit and team to ensure they feel connected to their children.
The NICU is staffed by a team of neonatal specialists, including:
- Neonatal nurses
- Respiratory therapists
- Rehabilitation therapists
- Lactation nurses
Conditions we treat
Specialized NICU physicians treat a variety of conditions for newborns, such as:
- Chronic lung disease
- Intraventricular hemorrhage
- Meconium aspiration syndrome (MAS)
- Necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC)
- Neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS)
- Patent ductus arteriosus (PDA)
- Periventricular leukomalacia (PVL)
- Respiratory distress syndrome (RDS)
- Retinopathy of prematurity (ROP)
Arriving to our NICU
Parents with children admitted to the NICU will have first arrived and checked-in through the labor and delivery department. Our NICU allows visitors ages 16 years old and older, who have been properly checked in at the front desk.
Patients and visitors can park for free in our lot.
Our address is:
3301 Matlock Road
Arlington, TX 76015
NICU at Medical City Healthcare
The neonatal intensive care unit works to provide critical care to newborns who are ill or premature. Many factors may lead to a newborn being admitted to the NICU, including low birth weight or complications during delivery. The NICU staff works closely with parents to develop a treatment plan for their newborn.Learn about NICU
- Medical City Alliance
- Medical City Arlington
- Medical City Children's Hospital
- Medical City Dallas
- Medical City Frisco, a Medical City Plano Facility
- Medical City Las Colinas
- Medical City Lewisville
- Medical City McKinney
- Medical City Plano