COVID-19 and pregnancy - an update for our patients
We would like to take this opportunity to update you about your maternity care during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and assure you that our dedicated team of expert nurses, physicians and midwives are committed to providing safe and effective care to every patient who walks through our doors.
Online childbirth and parenting classes
Search for online childbirth and parenting classes and virtual tours across Medical City Healthcare facilities. Topics include breastfeeding, infant CPR, prepared childbirth and newborn baby care.
Mommy & Me
Access an online version of the Mommy & Me resource book, featuring helpful information about the birth and care of your baby.
Full-service birthing center at Medical City Arlington
Two experienced medical teams are present for every birth at Medical City Arlington—one for mom and one for baby. This way, moms gets everything they want while babies get everything they need. It’s just one example of the specialized, clinical care that comes from delivering more than 4,000 babies a year.
Find an OB/GYN or call (844) 671-4204
Medical City Arlington was selected as a Best Maternity Hospital for 2021 and 2022 by Newsweek
Medical City Arlington was voted "Best Hospital to Have a Baby" for 2022 in Tarrant County by DFWChild readers
Medical City Women's Hospital Arlington
The Women's Hospital at Medical City Arlington is where excellence meets elegance and healthcare is personalized. Our mission is to help you achieve optimal health through every stage of life. The specialists and care team at our hospital provide high-quality gynecology and reproductive care, including:
- Childbirth education classes
- Complete labor and delivery care
- High-risk pregnancy care
- Infertility services
- Maternity unit tours
- Postpartum care
- Support groups
Our Women's Hospital is designed with:
- A dedicated postpartum floor with 34 private and peaceful patient rooms
- Four spacious luxury postpartum suites
- 33 medical/surgical rooms, including 14 antepartum rooms
- 23 labor and delivery rooms
- Three cesarean section (C-section) operating rooms
- 35 Level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) beds
- 15 private NICU rooms
- Two family overnight-stay rooms for NICU patient family members
Tour the Women's Hospital
If you would like to visit the Women's Hospital prior to delivery, we offer both group and private tours. You will learn about maternity services offered, labor and delivery suites, postpartum rooms, nursery and hospital amenities.
Group tours take place on Mondays at 5:30 p.m. and meet in the Women's Hospital lobby. To reserve a space on a group tour, please call (855) 868-6262.
Private tours are available and facilitated by a perinatal nurse navigator. To schedule a private tour, please call (682) 509-5051.
Childbirth classes in Arlington
There is so much to learn before your baby arrives. That’s why we offer the following childbirth preparation courses and groups:
- Prepared Childbirth—This class is ideal for first-time parents or those wanting a refresher on childbirth. In this one-day class, you will learn about signs of labor, labor progression, pain management, relaxation techniques, labor interventions, C-sections and the recovery period. We ask that attendees dress comfortably and bring two pillows and a blanket. A tour of the Women's Hospital is included in this class. There is a one-hour break for lunch. The cost to participate is $40.
- Infant Care—This two-hour class teaches baby care basics, including changing diapers, dressing, swaddling, bathing and holding your baby. We also briefly discuss newborn appearance and behaviors. This class is recommended for all new parents. The cost to participate is $20.
- Breastfeeding Class—This two-hour course educates parents on breastfeeding. You will learn about the benefits of mother's milk, identifying feeding cues, correct position and latch techniques and signs your baby is feeding well. We also address the challenges that accompany breastfeeding and how to deal with them. Father or a support person is welcome to attend. The cost to participate is $20.
- Sibling Class—This 90-minute class uses activities and discussion to prepare children for a new sibling. We recommend this class for children three years old and older (children 10 years old and older may benefit more from our Infant Care class). The cost to participate is $10 for one child and $15 for two or more children.
Please bring a photo ID (to be shown at security check-in) and dress comfortably. The class fees cover the cost of two people, unless otherwise noted in the class details. Only one attendee is required to register for the class. Refunds are provided if you deliver before the class start date or you are placed on bedrest. No refunds are provided for cancellations for any other reason.
Perinatal nurse navigator
The perinatal nurse navigator is a highly skilled, registered nurse with extensive experience in working with expectant mothers, including patients experiencing a high-risk pregnancy.
To learn more about our prenatal services, contact our perinatal nurse navigator at (682) 216-5865.
The perinatal nurse navigator delivers special attention to mothers from the second trimester through post-delivery. Hands-on care is a vital component of the perinatal nurse navigator position, as they provide educational materials, family-centered tours of the Women's Hospital and expert advice. Mothers continue their relationship with the perinatal nurse navigator even after they bring baby home.
If you choose to work with our perinatal nurse navigator or are referred by a physician, you will meet one-on-one at Medical City Arlington to discuss the program.
A perinatal nurse navigator is a great resource to discuss:
- Your birth plan
- Selecting a pediatrician for your baby
- Infant feeding
- General pregnancy questions
Labor and delivery services
In addition to top-notch medical care and a comforting, private atmosphere, our hospital offers expectant parents and new parents access to a range of support services. In one convenient location, we provide all of the resources you need to prepare for the birth of your baby.
Three floors of our hospital are dedicated to women’s and childbirth services. This includes an obstetric emergency department and a Level III NICU staffed with experienced, compassionate clinicians fully trained in obstetric and neonatal medicine.
Our labor and delivery services include:
- Pain management options, including epidural anesthesia and alternative therapies
- Childbirth classes
- Neonatal intensive care
- High-risk maternity care
- Breastfeeding support
- Adoption support
- Accommodation for cord blood donations
Medical City Arlington continues to improve the health of newborns and infants in Tarrant County through efforts to increase breastfeeding, including the facility’s redesignation of the Texas Ten Step Program from the Texas Health and Human Services Commission.
Following the birth of your child, your comfort is prioritized with our private postpartum recovery rooms and dedicated mom and baby bonding hours. Our hospital supports 24-hour visitation and provides sleeping accommodations for your partner.
Luxury postpartum suites
We take great care in meeting the needs of each of our new mothers — even her desire for luxury — with our brand new postpartum suites, which include:
- Flat screen TV and free Wi-Fi access
- Upgraded linen and decor package
- Celebration meal for parents
- Complementary meal voucher
- Fruit tray
- Stocked refrigerator with drinks and snacks
- Commemorative scrub shirt with customized foot prints
- In-room personalized photography sessions
- $50 voucher to Charley's Angels photography
- In-person and phone lactation consultants available
- Luxurious complimentary robe
- Complimentary throw blanket
- Aroma therapy
- Price recently reduced to $199 a night
Videos about our labor and delivery services
Baby care advice text service
Are you looking for further support? The expert staff at Medical City Arlington provides a free message service, available to pregnant women and new moms with babies who are less than one year old. This service, called Text4baby®, sends out free messages on prenatal care, newborn health, parenting and much more. It also administers emergency health messages, such as during a disease outbreak or medicine/product recall.
Labor and delivery at Medical City Healthcare
Just as every baby is unique, so is every delivery. As your partner in care, we provide a customized birthing experience that begins long before your first contraction and continues well after delivery.Learn about Labor and delivery
- Medical City Alliance
- Medical City Arlington
- Medical City Dallas
- Medical City Frisco, a Medical City Plano Facility
- Medical City Las Colinas
- Medical City Lewisville
- Medical City McKinney
- Medical City Plano
- Medical City Weatherford