Expert emergency care in Arlington, Texas
Medical City Arlington's emergency room (ER) in Arlington, Texas, is equipped to treat traumatic injuries, pediatric emergencies, neurological conditions, heart attacks and strokes 24/7. Board-certified physicians provide speedy, compassionate care during stressful and unexpected situations.
If you or a loved one are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 immediately. For non-emergency questions call our Ask a Nurse free, 24 hour nurse line.
Our ER and Level II Trauma Center services
Medical City Arlington is a Level II Trauma Center, designated by the Texas Department of State Health Services, making it the first and only hospital in Arlington to achieve this distinguished classification. A Level II trauma designation means you can find expert trauma care close to home at Medical City Arlington. Trauma care refers to severe injuries that require high level, immediate care from specialized physicians.
Medical City Arlington's ER offers emergency care for severe injuries and illnesses, using resources such as:
- Trauma resuscitation rooms
- Trauma operating rooms
- 24-bed Neuro Intensive Care Unit for head or spine injuries
- 56 beds in the ER
- Continuous availability of neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, interventional radiology, laboratory, diagnostic imaging and blood bank services
- On-campus inpatient rehabilitation unit
- Quality pediatric ER care
We have an outstanding working relationship with local and regional ambulance services, allowing for heart attack and stroke protocols to begin well before patients arrive.
Accredited chest pain and stroke care
We were Arlington’s first Accredited Chest Pain Center designated by the American College of Cardiology (ACC). Medical City Arlington is also a Comprehensive Stroke Center designated by DNV and the ER is equipped to deliver advanced care in critical times of need.
A stroke is when the brain experiences an interruption in blood flow, which carries oxygen and nutrients. It is vital to be able to recognize the symptoms of a stroke to find emergency care immediately and improve outcomes. Patients may experience:
- Slurred or confused speech
- Drooping in one side of the face
- Blurred vision or loss of vision
- Difficulty swallowing
- Sudden weakness or numbness in the face or limbs
- When raising both arms, one arm drifts downward
Pediatric emergency care
In addition to advanced, comprehensive adult emergency care, Medical City Arlington offers full-service emergency care, diagnosis and treatment for infants and children of all ages. It’s like having the pediatric emergency care of Medical City Children’s Hospital in your neighborhood—so you don’t have to go to a children’s hospital to find expert pediatric ER care close to home.
Our staff and specially trained physicians provide the highest quality healthcare according to guidelines for care set by the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American College of Emergency Physicians and the Emergency Nurses Association.
In accordance with the National Pediatric Readiness Project, Medical City Arlington has been equipped to ensure it meets essential guidelines and has resources in place to provide a safe and family-centered emergency experience, including:
- 24/7/365 emergency care
- Registered, emergency-trained nurses supported by pediatric child-life specialists
- Pediatric-friendly rooms and waiting area
- Pediatric pain management techniques
- Pediatric computerized drug dosing for safety
- 24/7 access to Medical City Children’s Hospital, including:
- Pediatric specialists
- Pediatric and neonatal children’s specialty transport team
- Seamless admission to Medical City Children’s Hospital if inpatient care is required
Arriving to our emergency clinic
Our ER faces West Mayfield Road, and has a separate entrance from the main hospital lobby. Patients and visitors can park for free in our lot.
Our address is:
3301 Matlock Road
Arlington, TX 76015
Emergency care at Medical City Healthcare
Emergency care is the treatment of emergent medical conditions. It is generally performed in an emergency room, but can also refer to treatment in an ambulance. Emergency medicine physicians may treat patients with injuries or infections, in addition to life-threatening conditions.Learn about Emergency care
Retrieving location data...
Find care at these locations
- Medical City Alliance
- Medical City Arlington
- Medical City Children's Hospital
- Medical City Dallas
- Medical City Denton
- Medical City ER Flower Mound
- Medical City ER Grand Prairie
- Medical City ER Haslet
- Medical City ER Red Oak
- Medical City ER Saginaw
- Medical City ER Stonebridge
- Medical City ER White Settlement
- Medical City Fort Worth
- Medical City Frisco, a Medical City Plano Facility
- Medical City Las Colinas
- Medical City Lewisville
- Medical City McKinney
- Medical City North Hills
- Medical City Plano
- Medical City Weatherford