Expert ER doctors in Denton, Texas
Medical City Denton in Denton, Texas has emergency room (ER) healthcare professionals ready to diagnose and treat severe conditions in our ER and trauma center. Whether you need pediatric emergency care for your little one or are suffering from chest pain, our ER is equipped to get you back to health.
If you or a loved one are experiencing an emergency, call 911 immediately or visit your nearest ER. For non-emergency questions, call our Ask a Nurse free, 24 hour nurse line.
Fast emergency care in Denton, Texas
Medical City Denton's ER treats more than 40,000 patients each year, providing advanced critical care to the Denton community. Our patients benefit from the high-tech facilities and medical specialists available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and 365 days a year. The board-certified physicians, and specially trained nurses and technicians at our ER receive training for:
- Advanced cardiac life support
- Pediatric advanced life support
- Advanced trauma life support
We are dedicated to providing rapid stabilization for heart attacks, trauma, poisoning, severe bleeding and other sudden illnesses in adults and children. You can rest easy knowing you're getting high quality emergency care.
Level II Trauma Center in Denton, Texas
Medical City Denton has been designated a Level II Trauma Center by the Texas Department of State Health Services, making it the first and only hospital in Denton County to achieve the distinguished classification.
Trauma centers are designated as levels I through IV by the American College of Surgeons. Designation as a Level II Trauma Center certifies that Medical City Denton has the resources to deal with severely injured patients on a round-the-clock basis.
Quick access to advanced trauma services, which are not available at every ER, can mean the difference between life and death in an emergency. Studies have shown the more experience the staff has with high-risk surgical situations, the better the patient’s outcomes are for survival. We work together with ground and air Emergency Medical Services (EMS) to bring skillful, immediate care to critically injured patients.
The trauma team is alerted by first responders to await the arrival of the trauma patient. Our patients receive 24/7 care by board-certified doctors and nurses with advanced certifications.
The trauma team at Medical City Plano includes:
- Trauma surgeons—The continuous availability of a trauma surgeon in the ER ensures patients receive immediate and complex care for traumatic injuries that require emergency surgery.
- Anesthesiologists—A dedicated anesthesiologist assists the surgical team in the operating room. This allows expedited operating room care for the most severely injured patients.
- Neurosurgeons—Traumatic brain injuries are assessed and treated by expert neurosurgeons.
- Orthopedic surgeons—Orthopedic surgeons care for severe injuries to the musculoskeletal system, such as pelvic fractures and crush injuries.
- Critical care intensivists—Intensivists specialize in leading teams and treatments for the most critically injured patients.
Accredited Chest Pain Center
Medical City Denton was the first nationally Accredited Chest Pain Center in Denton County. We were designated by American College of Cardiology for our ongoing commitment to cardiac services. Located only steps away from the cardiac catheterization facilities, our Accredited Chest Pain Center provides advanced bedside patient monitoring equipment and includes 24 hour access to cardiac specialists.
Specialized pediatric ER care
In addition to advanced, comprehensive adult emergency care, Medical City Denton offers full-service emergency care, diagnosis and treatment for infants and children of all ages. It’s like having the pediatric emergency care of Medical City Children’s Hospital in your neighborhood—so you don’t have to go to a children’s hospital to find expert pediatric ER care close to home. Our staff and specially trained physicians provide the highest quality healthcare according to guidelines for care set by the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American College of Emergency Physicians and the Emergency Nurses Association.
In accordance with the National Pediatric Readiness Project, Medical City Denton has been equipped to ensure it meets essential guidelines and has resources in place to provide a safe and family-centered emergency experience, including:
- 24/7/365 emergency care
- Registered, emergency-trained nurses supported by pediatric child-life specialists
- Pediatric-friendly rooms and waiting area
- Pediatric pain management techniques
- Pediatric computerized drug dosing for safety
- 24/7 access to Medical City Children’s Hospital, including:
- Pediatric specialists
- Pediatric and neonatal children’s specialty transport team
- Seamless admission to Medical City Children’s Hospital if inpatient care is required
Arriving for emergency care
Patients arriving to the ER at Medical City Denton can follow marked signs to enter the hospital campus either from South Mayhill Road or Medpark Drive. Parking is available in our open lot throughout the hospital campus, for your convenience.
Our address is:
3535 S. Interstate 35E
Denton, TX 75025
Emergency care at Medical City Healthcare
Emergency care is the treatment of emergent medical conditions. It is generally performed in an emergency room, but can also refer to treatment in an ambulance. Emergency medicine physicians may treat patients with injuries or infections, in addition to life-threatening conditions.Learn about Emergency care
- Medical City Alliance
- Medical City Arlington
- Medical City Children's Hospital
- Medical City Dallas
- Medical City Denton
- Medical City ER Red Oak
- Medical City Fort Worth
- Medical City Frisco
- Medical City Green Oaks
- Medical City Las Colinas
- Medical City Lewisville
- Medical City McKinney
- Medical City North Hills
- Medical City Plano
- Medical City Weatherford