Prospective volunteers must complete the Application for Volunteer Services and the Authorization for Background Investigation. Volunteers must also schedule an interview with the Volunteer Coordinator to discuss scheduling and position openings
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Consent to a Background Investigation Check
- Complete a Health Screening with Medical City Denton’s Occupational Medicine Department
- Consent to TB testing (at hospital expense)
- Attend a 3-hour Volunteer Orientation
- Commit to a minimum of 6 months of service (working one 4-hour shift per week)
How Do I Get Started?
- Please request an application for Volunteer Services Form from the front desk in the main lobby of the hospital.
- Schedule an interview by calling (940) 384-3102.
- Following the interview, you may expect to be sent to the Human Resources Department for processing.
- A background check, drug screen and TB test (all done at the hospital's expense) will be performed.
- When test results and background check clear, you will be scheduled for a two-hour hospital orientation.
- Following orientation, you will be scheduled for training in the department of choice and that is best suited to your interests and skills.
- Then the fun begins!