About Medical City Arlington
Medical City Arlington is a 433-bed, acute care hospital in South Arlington serving Arlington, Mansfield, Grand Prairie and beyond. A Level II Trauma Center and Comprehensive Stroke Center, the full-service hospital was the first certified Chest Pain Center and the first certified Primary Stroke Center in Tarrant County, and it is a designated Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® in heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care by The Joint Commission..
Fast Facts (2022)
19,886 annual admissions
106,990 annual ER visits
3,600 babies delivered
Committed to the care and improvement of human life, Medical City Healthcare strives to deliver excellence always - providing the highest quality, cost-effective healthcare in the communities it serves. With the resources and strength of HCA Healthcare, including 185 hospitals in the United States and England, Medical City Healthcare is one of North Texas' largest and most comprehensive healthcare providers.
Growing to serve our community
Medical City Arlington is undergoing a major expansion project that includes a new patient tower, additional patient beds and significant renovations. The $144 million project will provide additional hospital capacity and enable enhanced services for greater Arlington and the surrounding community. It includes a three-story vertical expansion with future potential to expand to nine stories. Construction is expected to be completed by early 2025.
In order to make this project possible, we closed the main hospital entrance on June 19, 2023. The main hospital entrance was relocated to Pavilion I, which faces Mayfield Road, and will remain here until construction is completed.
Here’s what to expect for patients:
- Patients can continue parking in the free garage or Parking Lot A (see map)
- Free valet services will be available to patients who do not wish to self-park
- Optional shuttle services will be provided to transport patients from the free parking garage to the new temporary main entrance over in Pavilion 1
- Valet and shuttle hours: Monday through Saturday 5:30 am – 8:30 pm
- The current entrance to the Women’s Hospital is closing starting August 23 and relocating to the adjacent wall.
- There will be a new concrete driveway from Omega Drive to the new Women’s Hospital lobby and the Pavilion II entrance.
- Construction fencing will move to the front of the Pavilion II overhang.
How it will impact colleagues and/or patients:
- Additional patient parking for Women's Services will be available near Omega Drive.
- A new Urgent Labor & Delivery patient drop-off area has been created off of Omega Drive.
- Patients and/or their family members can also still park in our 6-story parking garage and then simply follow the new pathway to the new Women’s Hospital lobby door.
- No further changes are expected to the Women’s Hospital entrance until mid-2024.
On behalf of Medical City Arlington, we appreciate your patience as we grow to better serve you.