Stroke care in North Richland Hills
When a stroke happens, it's crucial to seek medical attention immediately. At Medical City North Hills, we are committed to giving you the fast and comprehensive care you need. As a Primary Stroke Center designated by The Joint Commission, American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we offer patients in North Richland Hills lifesaving care to increase the chances of an optimal recovery.
If you or a loved one is experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 immediately.
What are the symptoms of a stroke?
If you or a loved one is experiencing a stroke, it's important to seek stroke care and BE FAST:
- B – Balance: Is the person suddenly having trouble with balance or coordination?
- E – Eyes: Is the person experiencing suddenly blurred or double vision or a sudden loss of vision in one or both eyes without pain?
- F - Face Drooping: Does one side of the face droop or is it numb? Ask the person to smile.
- A- Arm Weakness: Is one arm weak or numb? Ask the person to raise both arms. Does one arm drift downward?
- S - Speech Difficulty: Is speech slurred, are they unable to speak, or are they hard to understand? Ask the person to repeat a simple sentence like, “The sky is blue.” Is the sentence repeated correctly?
- T - Time to call 911: If the person shows any of these symptoms, even if the symptoms go away, call 911 and get them to the hospital immediately
Our goal is provide education on stroke prevention and help you recognize the risk factors and symptoms of a stroke. Eating a healthy diet, knowing your blood pressure and maintaining a healthy exercise routine will go a long way toward prevention.
Getting to our ER
The emergency room (ER) at Medical City North Hills is here to provide emergency care for strokes 24/7. The ER entrance is located in the front of the hospital. Parking is available free of charge in our lot.
Our address is:
4401 Booth Calloway Rd.
North Richland Hills, TX 76180
Stroke at Medical City Healthcare
A stroke is a medical emergency where blood flow to the brain is either reduced or stopped, depriving brain tissue of essential oxygen and nutrients. A stroke may cause loss in brain function and affect movement and speech.Learn about Stroke
Retrieving location data...
Find care at these locations
- Medical City Alliance
- Medical City Arlington
- Medical City Dallas
- Medical City Denton
- Medical City Fort Worth
- Medical City Frisco, a Medical City Plano Facility
- Medical City Las Colinas
- Medical City Lewisville
- Medical City McKinney
- Medical City North Hills
- Medical City Plano
- Medical City Weatherford