About Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute
As part of Sarah Cannon, the Cancer Institute of HCA Healthcare, our family of hospitals provides comprehensive cancer services with convenient access to cutting-edge therapies for people facing cancer in our communities. From diagnosis to treatment and survivorship care, our oncology expertise ensures you have access to locally trusted care with the support of a globally recognized network.
Have cancer questions? We can help. askSARAH is a dedicated helpline for your cancer-related questions. Our specially trained nurses are available 24/7, and calls are confidential. Contact askSARAH at (972) 202-8877 or chat online at askSARAHnow.com.
Colon, rectal and anal cancer treatment in North Texas
Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Medical City Healthcare offers advanced treatment for all types of colorectal cancer, including colon cancers, rectal cancers and anal cancers.
Oncologists in our leading-edge facilities are equipped to perform a variety of treatment options for any cancer diagnosis, including surgery when necessary. They will always explore every treatment option available and will recommend a plan based on your specific diagnosis and medical history.
For more information about our colorectal cancer services, call askSARAH at (972) 202-8877.
Colon and rectal cancers we treat
The types of colon and rectal cancers we treat include:
- Adenocarcinomas, which are the most common type of colorectal cancer and grow on the tissue lining the blood vessels and organs
- Carcinoid tumors, which are a rare type of slow-growing cancer
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GISTs), which most often grow in the stomach or small intestine from special cells found in the gastrointestinal tract
- Lymphomas, which grow from infection-fighting cells
- Sarcomas, which are found in bones and soft tissues
Anal cancers we treat
We treat all types of anal cancers, including:
- Squamous cell carcinomas, which form in cells found in the outer surface of the skin
- Anal carcinoma in situ, or Bowen's disease, which is a rare type of skin cancer that doesn't spread to nearby normal tissue
- Basal cell carcinomas and melanomas, which are two types of skin cancer
Colorectal cancer care
Our colorectal specialists offer a complete range of minimally invasive and nonsurgical treatment options. Through our oncology program, we'll develop a care plan tailored to your diagnosis that may include colorectal cancer surgery, including the option for robotic-assisted surgery in some cases, and nonsurgical colorectal cancer treatments, such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy. You may also benefit from additional services available through our gastrointestinal program.
We know a cancer diagnosis affects more than your physical health. That's why cancer support groups are a major part of cancer care at Medical City Healthcare. If you've just learned about a cancer diagnosis, are supporting a loved one through treatment or are transitioning into survivorship, we can connect you with a local community for ongoing care.