Advanced weight-loss surgery solutions
The Bariatric & Metabolic Institute at Medical City North Hills incorporates medical, nutritional, psychological and surgical components to help you lose weight and reclaim your overall health. The multidisciplinary team performs an evaluation prior to surgery and provides follow-up treatment to help you make sustainable changes in weight loss.
To learn more about the full scope of bariatric services we offer at Medical City North Hills, please call (833)612-2022.
Expert bariatric surgeons in North Richland Hills, Texas
At Medical City North Hills, we are focused on delivering the highest level of care. We offer a full range of weight loss surgeries, including:
- Gastric bypass (Roux-en-Y) — A surgeon will staple a small pouch in the stomach during this procedure. The rest of the stomach is divided and the new stomach pouch will empty into the small intestine.
- Sleeve gastrectomy — During this procedure, the surgeon creates a sleeve of the stomach with a stapling device. The remaining portion is removed. This procedure also results in a decrease of the hunger hormone.
- Duodenal switch — This is when the surgeon combines a sleeve of the stomach with a bypass of the intestines. The duodenal switch blocks up to 80 percent of fat calorie absorption, leading to lasting weight loss.
- Gastric banding — During this procedure, the surgeon will place a band around the upper part of the stomach. The band restricts the amount of food that can be consumed at a meal and allows nutrients to be fully absorbed into the body.
- Revision surgery — If you have experienced inadequate results or complications from a previous bariatric surgery, we offer revision procedures to help you reach your weight loss goals.
As part of our commitment to providing you with the most advanced medical treatments, we also offer robotic bariatric surgery. Robotic surgery allows surgeons to perform a more precise procedure with less scarring, less blood loss and a quicker recovery time.
Scheduling your bariatric surgery
To schedule your bariatric surgery, call our clinic at (833) 612-2022. Next, you'll complete pre-admittance testing and discuss which weight loss surgery is best for you.
Attend our Bariatric Support Group
Our free Virtual Bariatric Support Group gives you an opportunity to learn from a keynote speaker and receive encouragement in your weight loss journey. We meet via WebEx on the first Thursday of every month from 6:00pm to 7:00pm.
To join the Bariatric Support Group, please register online. You will receive a WebEx link prior to the support group session.
Bariatric surgery at Medical City Healthcare
Weight loss surgery, also known as bariatric surgery, is performed on patients with obesity. There are several types of bariatric procedures, but all focus on making modifications to the digestive system with the goal of significant weight loss.Learn about Bariatric surgery
- Medical City Alliance
- Medical City Dallas
- Medical City Denton
- Medical City Fort Worth
- Medical City Frisco, a Medical City Plano Facility
- Medical City Las Colinas
- Medical City Lewisville
- Medical City McKinney
- Medical City North Hills