For more information about our program, please contact Myrna Stough, residency coordinator, at (817) 347-1140.
How to Apply
- ERAS: 1404800894
- NRMP: TBD
The Medical City Fort Worth Internal Medicine Residency Program’s mission is to develop the next generation of physicians and physician leaders. As a part of HCA Healthcare, we are driven by a single mission: Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
This program is designed to offer residents a rewarding, educational environment where residents are provided individualized learning opportunities by faculty and staff who support and sustain one another throughout quality care delivery. Our faculty are committed to ensuring the residents' clinical experience and educational needs are fulfilled while expanding residents’ perspectives to be inclusive of cultures, values, and ideals.
The Internal Medicine Residency Program is accredited by both the ACGME and the American Osteopathic Association for up to 10 available positions per year. This three-year legacy program has been in operation since 2000. Our vision is to produce well-rounded residents who have a balanced experience in a variety of clinical settings prior to entering advanced residency programs.
We offer a rewarding, rigorous educational environment where residents receive individualized learning opportunities to maximize their full potential as clinicians, educators, and healthcare leaders. Our training prepares them to deliver modern, patient-centered primary care, hospital medicine and traditional internal medicine in any environment. For those physicians looking to pursue a specialty, our program's patient diversity, subspecialty exposure, research opportunities, and complete ancillary support serve as a strong foundation from which to grow.
Our faculty are committed to ensuring that residents fulfill their educational goals, including board certifications, while recognizing that each individual resident has a different background, learning needs and career objectives. We work together as a team and consider ourselves a family, supporting and sustaining one another to maintain and advance a solid educational system.
Residents rotate through Medical City Fort Worth, a tertiary care referral center, and through John Peter Smith Hospital, a large, state-of-the-art community hospital with the only Level I Trauma Center in Tarrant County.
Residents also rotate through outpatient ambulatory clinics at Veterans Affairs and the University of North Texas Health Science Center. The affiliation with the University of North Texas Health Science Center also provides a vast array of resources for our residents, including the only school of public health in Fort Worth with numerous research opportunities.
Residents will graduate with a clear understanding of the natural history of disease, the ability to select diagnostic tests appropriately, and knowledge of best practices in providing cost-effective, evidence-based treatment.
Get to Know the Team
Machaiah Madhrira, MD, MPH
Salary & Benefits Information
These amounts are subject to taxation.
Benefits and amenities
- 401k plan
- Basic health insurance
- Professional liability insurance
- Options for dependent health, dental and life insurance
- (2) personalized lab coats are provided at the beginning of each contract year
- Annual meal stipend
- Work phone and laptop at the beginning of your training
- MKSAP provided to all PGY1
- ATLS provided at no cost to all surgery residents PGY2 and above
- Up to 20 business days (Monday-Friday) of holiday, vacation, professional, sick, or other leave is provided as paid time off (PTO)
- Dedicated education and research center
- 8,500 square feet includes computer lab, house staff library, and stocked dining area
- On-site call room with stocked kitchen, separate male and female sleep rooms by program, private individual showers, 2 computer stations 2 computers in each all supplies
- Day care and flexible spending account
- Complimentary parking
- ACLS, BLS and PALS renewal
- Membership in the Texas Medical Association and American College of Physicians