For more information about our program, please contact Lauren Schrader, MHA.
How to Apply
- ERAS: 0804800144
- NRMP: 2244080A0
The Medical City Fort Worth Dermatology Residency Program’s mission is to develop the next generation of physicians and physician leaders. As a part of HCA Healthcare, we are driven by a single mission: Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
This program is designed to offer residents a rewarding, educational environment where residents are provided individualized learning opportunities by faculty and staff who support and sustain one another throughout quality care delivery. Our faculty are committed to ensuring the residents' clinical experience and educational needs are fulfilled while expanding residents’ perspectives to be inclusive of cultures, values, and ideals.
The Dermatology Residency Training Program at Medical City Fort Worth is an accredited and rigorous program designed to train the next generation of physicians and physician leaders. The program is a full-time course of instruction which shall be a minimum of 36 months in duration. A minimum of 33 months must include supervised management of patients (clinical rotations).
There is one resident admitted per year and three total in the program.
The general dermatology service at Medical City Fort Worth allows for exposure to a broad spectrum of skin conditions among the patients in the different practices in the area. Residents will work alongside the attending physician.
At Medical City Fort Worth, we are committed to providing a wealth of medical education to our residents. However, we also understand the importance of allowing bonds to form between classmates and the significance of resting to avoid mental fatigue. Time away from the hospital is included in the curriculum to satisfy these needs. Residents are encouraged to form friendships and take time to recharge so that they can perform at their best in the clinical setting.
Choosing a program location is a very personal decision largely based on where you want to settle, and if Texas is your likely destination, then training at Medical City Fort Worth makes good sense.
Curriculum & Rotation Schedule
Our expertly crafted programs are designed to provide resident physicians with all the experiences and training necessary for professional success.
Salary & Benefits Information
These amounts are subject to taxation.
Benefits and amenities
- 401k plan
- Basic health insurance
- Professional liability insurance
- Options for dependent health, dental and life insurance
- (2) personalized lab coats are provided at the beginning of each contract year
- Annual meal stipend
- Work phone and laptop at the beginning of your training
- MKSAP provided to all PGY1 residents
- ATLS provided at no cost to all surgery residents PGY2 and above
- Up to 20 business days (Monday-Friday) of holiday, vacation, professional, sick, or other leave is provided as paid time off (PTO)
- Dedicated education and research center
- On-site call room with stocked resident lounge, separate male and female locker rooms with, private individual showers, 10 computer stations and 2 tv’s
- Day care and flexible spending account
- Complimentary parking
- ACLS, BLS and PALS renewal