8995 W University Dr
McKinney, TX 75071
Phone: (469) 408-1400
About Medical City ER Stonebridge
At Medical City ER Stonebridge, our goal is to provide the McKinney area with accessible, quality emergency care. To better serve you, we are accredited by The Joint Commission, the highest accrediting body in healthcare.
If you or a loved one are experiencing an emergency, call 911 immediately or visit your nearest ER. For non-emergency questions, call our Ask a Nurse free, 24 hour nurse line.
Patients at Medical City ER Stonebridge can expect to receive all the same services as a hospital emergency room (ER), but with the added convenience of shorter wait times and a freestanding location close to home. We are able to offer shorter wait times because of the way we triage patients.
As soon as possible, you will be directed to a private treatment room to have a consultation and bedside registration with our nursing staff. If necessary, we offer seamless admission to Medical City McKinney. All patient care takes place behind closed doors, creating a calming, quiet environment while ensuring complete patient confidentiality.
Medical City ER Stonebridge provides:
- Completely private rooms, including rooms for pediatric patients
- Board-certified emergency medicine physicians
- Registered nursing staff with advanced certifications and pediatric training
- Trauma room
- Negative-pressure room (to isolate contagions)
- Advanced testing and imaging technology
- Medical laboratory with on-site blood bank
- Staff pharmacist
- Care for women's health emergencies
Getting to the emergency clinic
You can find our freestanding ER at the intersection of W. University Drive and N. Custer Road. Patients can be dropped off directly in front of the ER entrance. We are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Parking is available for free in our lot.
Pediatric ER care
In addition to advanced, comprehensive adult emergency care, Medical City ER Stonebridge offers full-service emergency care, diagnosis and treatment for infants and children of all ages. It’s like having the pediatric emergency care of Medical City Children’s Hospital in your neighborhood—so you don’t have to go to a children’s hospital to find expert pediatric ER care close to home. Our staff and specially trained physicians provide the highest quality healthcare according to guidelines for care set by the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American College of Emergency Physicians and the Emergency Nurses Association.
In accordance with the National Pediatric Readiness Project, Medical City ER Stonebridge has been equipped to ensure it meets essential guidelines and has resources in place to provide a safe and family-centered emergency experience, including:
- 24/7/365 emergency care
- Registered, emergency-trained nurses supported by pediatric child-life specialists
- Pediatric-friendly rooms and waiting area
- Pediatric pain management techniques
- Pediatric computerized drug dosing for safety
- 24/7 access to Medical City Children’s Hospital, including:
- Pediatric specialists
- Pediatric and neonatal children’s specialty transport team
- Seamless admission to Medical City Children’s Hospital if inpatient care is required