About Medical City ER Grand Prairie
Full-service ER care in Grand Prairie, Texas
Medical City ER Grand Prairie, a department of Medical City Arlington, is a full-service emergency room (ER) staffed with specially trained, board-certified emergency medicine physicians. With fast care and our 12 private treatment rooms, you won’t have to spend long hours waiting to be seen.
If you or a loved one are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 or visit your nearest ER. For non-emergency questions, call Medical City ER Grand Prairie at (682) 218-5400.
While Medical City ER Grand Prairie provides all the same services as a hospital ER, the experience is completely different. When you arrive, you’ll be greeted and taken directly to a comfortable, private room for consultation with our nursing staff. All patient emergency care takes place behind closed doors, ensuring complete patient confidentiality and a calming environment.
You can expect to be seen quickly by an emergency physician and receive appropriate treatment, including immediate and safe pain control, if necessary. Before you’re discharged, your attending physician will review your care plan and provide follow-up instructions.
If your attending physician determines that you need to be admitted to the hospital, we provide a seamless transition into the care of Medical City Arlington.
Arriving at our emergency room
Patients arriving at our ER can pull up directly to the doors into the lobby to find immediate care. Free parking is available in our lot for your convenience.
ER services close to home
Medical City ER Grand Prairie offers:
- Trauma room for severe injuries and illnesses
- Complete medical laboratory
- On-site blood bank
- Advanced testing and imaging technology
- Certified, experienced doctors and nurses
- Ambulance services to transport patients with escalating conditions
- Immediate access to specialty physicians for consultation
- On-staff hospital pharmacists
Emergency pediatric care
In addition to advanced, comprehensive adult emergency care, Medical City ER Gran Prairie offers full-service emergency care, diagnosis and treatment for infants and children of all ages. It’s like having the pediatric emergency care of Medical City Children’s Hospital in your neighborhood—so you don’t have to go to a children’s hospital to find expert pediatric ER care close to home. Specially trained physicians provide the highest quality healthcare according to guidelines for care set by the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American College of Emergency Physicians and the Emergency Nurses Association.
In accordance with the National Pediatric Readiness Project, Medical City ER Gran Prairie has been equipped to ensure it meets essential guidelines and have resources in place to provide a safe and family-centered emergency experience, including:
- 24/7/365 emergency care
- Registered, emergency-trained nurses supported by pediatric child-life specialists
- Pediatric-friendly rooms and waiting area
- Pediatric pain management techniques
- Pediatric computerized drug dosing for safety
- 24/7 access to Medical City Children’s Hospital, including:
- Pediatric specialists
- Pediatric and neonatal children’s specialty transport team
- Seamless admission to Medical City Children’s Hospital if inpatient care is required
At Medical City ER Grand Prairie, your child will be promptly treated by one of our friendly, caring nurses who is specially trained in pediatric care. We have partnered with child life specialists to help soothe your little one in our all-private, colorful pediatric rooms, limiting what your child sees and hears in the ER.