The purpose of screening is to find and treat diseases early. They are given to people who may be at high risk, but who don’t have problems.
Screening for UTIs isn't generally done. But, a doctor may do screening for:
- Pregnant women who are 12 to 16 weeks along
- People who will be having a procedure on their urinary system
- Someone who had a kidney transplant within the past 6 months
- Reviewer: EBSCO Medical Review Board Adrienne Carmack, MD
- Review Date: 09/2018 -
- Update Date: 09/20/2018 -