Visitor guidelines are determined by each surgery center’s leadership to optimize safety and focus on patient centered care. Please contact the surgery center directly for current visitor guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Enhanced patient safety policy
In order to protect our patients, visitors, physicians and caregivers from the spread of COVID-19, we are enacting a modified visitor policy beginning March 18, 2020 5:30am and continuing until further notice. This procedure applies to all patients within the surgery center.
- Limit of one visitor per adult patient.
- This means only one person may accompany an adult patient to the surgery center.
- Select one caregiver to accompany you to the surgery center, and ensure they are healthy (no fever, cough, sore throat, etc.) and have had no international travel (including a cruise), in the last 14 days.
- For adult patients:
- We suggest that no visitor remain at the center in order to comply with the current advice to avoid getting close to other people.
- If the visitor leaves the center please provide your phone number:
- Your nurse will call to provide a time to return and instructions for patient discharge.
- Your provider will call with an update following the surgery and you will be provided discharge/home care instructions.
- During the patient’s stay at the center, we ask that you not call for updates, but trust we will notify you of any changes in condition.
- If the visitor chooses to stay in the center please follow recommended precautions to decrease the chances of infection from the Coronavirus and getting COVID-19.
- Limit of two visitors per pediatric patient.
- Caregivers accompanying pediatric patients should be healthy (no fever, cough, sore throat, etc.) and have had no international travel (including a cruise), in the last 14 days.
- For pediatric patients, all visitors must check in at the front desk and will be asked the following questions:
- Have you had a fever or do you feel sick?
- Have you traveled outside the country within the last 14 days (including a cruise)?
- Have you been in in close contact with someone who has COVID-19?
- Have you been tested for COVID-19?
- No visitors under the age of 18 unless they are parents of a patient having surgery.
- This policy includes infants and siblings.
- No Exceptions to these restrictions will be made.
- Service animals will continue to be allowed.