Texas Two-Step Nursing Program
Medical City Healthcare offers a Two Step Nursing Program in partnership with Collin College.
Medical City Eligibility & Program Guidelines
- Must be employed at a Medical City facility for a minimum of six months.
- Must be in good standing with the facility; no disciplinary action/write-ups within previous six months.
- A recommendation letter from the manager or director on hospital letter head addressing professional behavior, attendance, work ethic and attitude should be submitted to the Site Coordinator.
- Two-year employment commitment and completion of BSN degree (2nd step).
Official application deadline for fall semester: May 31
Official application deadline for spring semester: August 31
Official application deadline for summer semester: January 15
For more information regarding the program or to obtain a packet, contact our site coordinator: Chantal Bontemps-Christian, MSN, RNC-OB at (469) 258-2752 or Chantal.BontempsChristian@MedicalCityHealth.com.
CCC Eligibility & Program Guidelines
- Application of Collin College Nursing Department January 15th (summer entry), May 31 (fall entry), August 31 (spring entry).
- Completion of all seven primary prerequisites with a minimum GPA of 2.5:
- ENGL 1301
- BIOL 2401 (A&P I)
- BIOL 2402 (A&P II)
- BIOL 2420 (Microbiology)
- PSYC 2301
- PSYC 2314
- Humanities course
- Completion of PSB exam (Nursing School Aptitude Exam) with score of 40 for each of the eight categories
- Submission of completed application material to Collin College Nursing Department
- Submission of physical exam, complete immunizations and other necessary documents the semester prior to applying.
BIOL 1406 is the required prerequisite for enrollment into BIOL 2401.
***BIOL 2401, BIOL 2402, and BIOL 2420 must be completed less then 5 years prior to the anticipated program start date.
For more information regarding the program or to obtain a packet, contact your site coordinator:
Chantal Bontemps-Christian, MSN,RN RNC-OB @972-420-1524 or Chantal.BontempsChristian@medicalcityhealth.com (Medical City Denton, Las Colinas, Lewisville)
Gary Huey MSN, RN-BC @ 972-547-8120 or firstname.lastname@example.org (Medical City Frisco, McKinney and Plano)
Debra Mezo, MSN, RC-OB @ 214-733-3307 or Debra.Mezo@medicalCityhealth.com (Medical City Dallas, Children's, Green Oaks)
Suzanne Wetmore, MSN, RN-BC @ 817-347-1185 or Suzanne.email@example.com (Medical City FW, Alliance, Arlington, North Hills)