March 02, 2023
Dallas, TX - An outstanding group of 25 Medical City Healthcare nurses has been named to the 2023 DFW “Great 100 Nurses” and the D Magazine Excellence in Nursing Awards. These elite honors recognize nurses for excellence and their skills in the science of nursing across all disciplines including patient care, academics, education, community service, research and leadership roles.
The DFW Great 100 organization noted that over 700 applications were received this year, many more than in prior years. Of more than 50,000 nurses practicing in North Texas, only 100 honorees are named to the list as examples of excellence for being compassionate caregivers, leaders, role models and significant contributors to the nursing profession.
“I am extremely proud of the Medical City Healthcare nurses honored for both prestigious honors,” says Medical City Healthcare Chief Nursing Executive Zach Mueller, RN, DNP. “From the bedside to the boardroom and throughout the community, these recognitions further distinguish our system of compassionate nurses and healthcare heroes for their dedication to this noble calling and to excellence always in every action, every patient, every time.”
Medical City Healthcare 2023 DFW Great 100 Nurses:
- Medical City Arlington: Kerrie Eyler
- Medical City Children's Hospital: Heather Stockman
- Medical City Dallas: Kaelea Butterfield, Allyson Curlin, Anna Dao, Erika Troutman
- Medical City Denton: Maritza Cates, Rebecca Jones, Crystal Perry
- Medical City Heart Hospital: Susan Hanfland
- Medical City Lewisville: Shanna Boettcher, Stephanie MacVeigh
- Medical City McKinney: Melanie Vazquez, Mark Weiss
- Medical City Plano: Tanya Halbmaier, Sarah Romero
- Medical City Healthcare: Alexis Burnett
Medical City Healthcare D Magazine Excellence in Nursing honorees:
- Medical City Dallas: Selamawit “Sele” Gelai
- Medical City Frisco: Nancy Charron-Escribano
- Medical City McKinney: Stephanie Brand, Rhodel Macasaet, Myra Tapp
- Medical City Plano: Carolina Hardin, Denetria Williams
- Medical City Healthcare: Jennifer Jones
Dedication to an exceptional nursing practice environment is a hallmark of Medical City Healthcare. More than 400 Medical City Healthcare nurses have been named to the DFW Great 100 Nurses list since 1991. Six Medical City Healthcare hospitals hold the prestigious Magnet Recognized® status on 10 campuses from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The credential is the highest international honor for professional nursing practice.
The Great 100 Nurses will be honored at an event May 17.
Excellence in Nursing winners will be featured in the March 2023 issue of D Magazine.