Healthcare excellence now goes by one name.
HCA North Texas is now Medical City Healthcare. We’re still one of the largest, most comprehensive healthcare providers in North Texas, but our 14 DFW hospitals, seven off-campus hospital ERs and six children’s urgent care centers are unified under the Medical City Healthcare brand. The Medical City Healthcare network is comprised of:
- 14 DFW-area hospitals
- 7 provider-based emergency rooms
- 11 ambulatory surgery centers
- 6 pediatric urgent care centers
- 30 CareNow Urgent Care centers
- 14,000+ employees
- 7,000+ physicians
- 1,200+ volunteers
- 114,000 patient admissions
- 2.2 million outpatient visits
- 450,000 ER visits
- 135,000 surgeries
- 16,000 babies delivered
- $130 million in charity and unreimbursed care
- 5 Magnet hospitals, recognized for nursing excellence
- 3 accredited comprehensive stroke centers
- 6 Joint Commission Top Performers
- 7 Trauma centers
- 1 burn center
No, neither the system nor its hospitals have been purchased. Each facility has retained the same ownership, leadership, physicians, nurses and staff. Medical City Healthcare remains part of HCA Healthcare nationally, one of the country’s leading providers of healthcare services. Together, our hospitals, surgery centers, provider-based ERs, children’s urgent care centers and CareNow urgent care locations champion the practice of medicine for a healthier world.
There will be no changes to the list of insurance policies that are accepted at each location. Existing insured patients will continue to use their current insurance with no changes or disruption.
Your bills may not reflect your new facility’s name right away, but that may change in time. Our goal is to make any change in billing name as smooth and seamless as possible, but if you have specific billing questions, please call your hospital’s billing department or visit the hospital’s website for more information.
As Medical City Healthcare, our patients can be assured that at any of our hospitals, surgery centers, ERs and clinics, they will receive the high-quality, patient-centered, compassionate care they deserve — and for which Medical City is known. Now, they will be able to identify their community facility as part of a larger system with multiple locations across North Texas and more easily benefit from the vast medical expertise, resources and treatment options that are available to them.
Patients will be able to keep their physicians and access their records across our network.
Medical City Healthcare comprises 14 DFW hospitals, seven off-campus hospital ERs and six children’s urgent care centers. Additionally, our 29 CareNow urgent care centers serve patients across North Texas. The new name for each facility is listed first, with its previous name in parentheses.
- Medical City Alliance (from Medical Center Alliance)
- Medical City Arlington (from Medical Center Arlington)
- Medical City Children's Hospital
- Medical City Dallas (from Medical City Dallas Hospital)
- Medical City Denton (from Denton Regional Medical Center)
- Medical City Fort Worth (from Plaza Medical Center of Fort Worth)
- Medical City Frisco, a Medical City Plano Facility (from Medical City Frisco, a Medical Center of Plano Facility)
- Medical City Green Oaks Hospital (from Green Oaks Hospital)
- Medical City Las Colinas (from Las Colinas Medical Center)
- Medical City Lewisville (from Medical Center of Lewisville)
- Medical City McKinney (from Medical Center of McKinney)
- Medical City North Hills (from North Hills Hospital)
- Medical City Plano (from The Medical Center of Plano)
- Medical City Weatherford (from Weatherford Regional Medical Center)
Provider-Based Emergency Rooms:
- Medical City ER Burleson, A Department of Medical City Fort Worth (from ER at Burleson)
- Medical City ER Grand Prairie, A Department of Medical City Arlington (from ER at Grand Prairie)
- Medical City ER Flower Mound, A Department of Medical City Lewisville (from Flower Mound 24-hour Emergency Center)
- Medical City ER Saginaw, A Department of Medical City Alliance
- Medical City ER Stonebridge, A Department of Medical City McKinney (from ER at Stonebridge)
- Medical City ER Park Cities, A Department of Medical City Dallas (from Medical City ER Dallas)
- Medical City ER Plano, A Department of Medical City Plano (from 24/7 Emergency Care)